Sunday 19 September 2010

Sweet Sixteen

Sunday was a much better set, 2 hours of tide fighting one way and surfing on the way back. Then Monday morning training of main set 10x300m, call me crazy but I adore this set, it's an easy one for just getting your head down. School and then a run on Monday night. Tuesday was my rest day, ton of homework meant my early night went right out the window. With the swim so close now I am finding it very hard to concentrate on my school work so it took twice as long and my Spanish learning ended up with me giving up in despair after failing to remember anything! Wednesday morning was not my set at all, far too much short distance but Bizzie was there which was great as we could have a good old chat and speed the set up a bit! Thursday I went for a run and then to school to celebrate Eleanors sixteenth which was good fun. 15 hours more knowledge than me and my goodness it shows! Friday, my sixteenth! Good run and then focus day at school before celebrating with the family.

Yesterday I swam 8km, 6km and 3km, yuk. I found it frustrating as I feel so ready for this now and just want to get it done, not train more! This morning I just did 6km at a reasonable pace and saw Lewis, my relay buddy from 2008 who is doing another relay on Tuesday. Best of luck to a really good friend but it will never beat our amazing antics e.g swimming away from the boat and laughing our way across!

So now it's the waiting game. From tomorrow I can swim the channel as I will be in accordance to the rules old enough. Spoke to the pilot today which was great, putting a name to a face. Anytime from Wednesday so hopefully by this time next week I will know. Feel so ready right now and really want to do this. Yes I am nervous and yes it's going to be hard, (okay very very very hard) but hey, nothing great is easy.

Update as soon as I know more.
Abby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment