Friday 24 September 2010

For Sam

As promised, this blog post is in honour of the star that is Samantha West, more commonly known as Swest or Sam. For those who don't know her she is an all round amazing person as well as being my Spanish, English and PCS buddy who makes me laugh at the most terrible times, for example when the teacher is talking about terrorism. But oh well, thats why I love her.

Anyway back to training, just a quick one today. This week I have tapered in preparation for the big swim. This means I haven't really swum, just gone running each morning so I can concentrate at school. (Ever seen me trying to sit still for 100 minutes without training in the morning?) I have been going to bed early and trying to get 9-10 hours sleep a night as well as eating a lot of carbohydrate (porridge yuk) and relaxing as much as which is not easy. I was hoping to swim this week but the weather has been conspiring against me so it wasn't to be. Fingers and toes crossed for next week.

Recruited a new crew member too this week, I was absolutely delighted that Bizzie (a friend from swimming) agreed to come on my boat with my mum and support swimmer to help out with feeding and generally supporting. Cannot wait to get in and swim. I have done the training, I have an awesome team and pilot. I am 100% ready, so lets go! I will update as soon as I have a date/time so hopefully in the next few days.

Thank you so much for all the support so far, especially the ccsc people and the teachers/year 11 at Barton Court!
More asap.
Abby x

P.S: Sam West you are a legend, hope you enjoyed the post!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment