Thursday 2 September 2010

Sunday was another rest day as we went for a power boat ride along the Thames and to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert in London for dads birthday then Monday I was back in the water for my last weekday morning swim before mum went back to work on Tuesday and I went to school on Thursday. Swam 6km pretty fast and then went home to rest up for the Deal Tri Handicap Swim in the evening. The aim of this swim is that all the swimmers start at different intervals according to previous times of the season so in theory everyone should finish together. For me this meant started 11 minutes 14 seconds after the first person. I was very glad Howard turned up or I would have been totally on my own on the beach for a minute and 14 seconds whilst the second to last person starting swimming. Wasn't good conditions for a fast time but overtook a fair few people and was pretty pleased at the end.

Tuesday and Wednesday morning I went running and Wednesday night was the weekly Kinsdown evening; not a long swim but a hard one as I had someone to swim with who wasn't going to let me plod! Thursday morning was another run before school. The new mobile phone rule being very irritating (sorry Barton Court) because Paul was due to start his channel swim yesterday at midday and I really wanted to know if he had gone. Oh well, I found out after school that he had and am currently glued to the tracker as he closes in on the French coast, just looked again and I reckon he's made it. Absolutely buzzing for an amazing person, can't wait to see him and hear all about it. Anyway thats it for now, going to get ready for school, so happy for Paul!
Thanks for reading,
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment