Friday 23 July 2010

Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time but here goes...

Monday morning training was hard as usual after the weekend in the sea but finished the session and hurried off to start my work experience: physiotherapy at Kent and Canterbury Hospital. Swam Tuesday night with Charlie which was great as the Deal Tri lot are a brilliant group of people who I always enjoy swimming with. Wednesday morning I almost slept in the water I was so tired, I didn't realise work experience was so tiring! I was gutted that it was my last day as I really enjoyed it and feel I definitely want to go into that kind of work. Wednesday evening was a fantastic session at Kingsdown with Kiri and Ellie, for once we all came out smiling and having enjoyed the whole session, not just the last five minutes! Thursday morning training and then I went to work with mum. Did some spanish homework and saw Shrek with Bizzie which was really funny. Slept late for the first time since April on Friday (bliss) and spent the whole day being lazy. (Well I went out for a run in the morning, bu most of the day.)

3x6km on Saturday which I kind of enjoyed in a roundabout sort of way. On each kilometre did a different times table (from 2 to 19 times table) which was suprisingly amusing. Probably very inaccurate but got me through the session. Sunday was a 2 hour session in Kingsdown which was really fun again and then a bike ride with dad.

Monday morning training came around all too quickly again but we did it and then went for a run and watched My Sisters Keeper with mum which still makes me cry after seeing it many times. Went training in the evening and found out that Emma (who was away in Hastings with a friend) was going to see Blood Brothers! I was very jeleaus and sent he a rather rude text telling her exactly what I thought of her going without me! Got up quite late on Tuesday and went into Folkestone after mum and I declared my wardrobe to be seriously lacking! Had a great day but for some reason my shoulder was hurting again which really worried me. Went to karate and saw Adrian who suggested some exercises. Got in the pool Wednesday and it started hurting straight away. Decided to keep going until the end of the warm-up and luckily it stopped hurting so I carried on. Began to hurt towards the end of the session so I iced it at home and decided to skip Wednesday nights swim. Went and saw Toy Story which was brilliant. Already made plans to see it again. Shoulder felt fine on Thursday despite it being a biggish set, sprints and then 500's. I have continued to ice it and do my exercises and it seems okay. Tidied and totally decluttered my bedroom in the morning and now it looks pretty good so I am really pleased. Afternoon with Eleanor, went walking in Tankerton and had a good gossip, haven't seen each other for a whole week; shocking! We had a lot to talk about!

Hopefully the shoulder will hold out tomorrow and Sunday when I am training and then raacing in the Deal Regatta where as reigning champion(!) I am quite hoping to win! The shield looks good in my room!

Thanks for reading and enjoy the sun.
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment