Monday 28 June 2010

Attack of the jellyfish

Monday morning was interesting last week. I felt like I had been swimming in horrible conditions all weekend. Ohy yeah, I had been. Anyway my arms somehow survived training but there was no way they would have survived the evening so Tony ordered me to take the evening off. Back in the pool for a Charlie session on Tuesday which was quite fun. Felt better than Monday but the sensation of aching arms was returning by the end of Wednesday morning training. Back to Kingsdown on Wednesday which was beautiful. I love training at Kingsdown and can' wait to go in again this week. Did an assembly at school about my fundraising for Demelza House which went down well. Back in the pool on Thursday morning before the final exam in the afternoon. Rather pleased their over to be honest even though I had finally worked out where my seat was after wandering around all the desks for the other exams. Went into town with Eleanor after school and went around the shops begging for prizes for a raffle (More fundraising). Friday was a rest day to prepare for a weekend of training and racing.

Saturday morning was the first time I have really wanted to get out. 9km to start with and then I was to be told after my feed what I was doing next. It seemed to go on forever and was so cold. Came into the feed in a bit of a state but was persuaded to go back in. Cried my way through a kilometre before deciding it made swimming to difficult and gave myself a good talking to before finishing the next 4km.

Saturday night was the deal tri aquathon, mass start on the beach meant I was guaranteed to be trambled on as I was a bit shorter than the adults. Got beaten up a bit at the start but to be fair, I gave as good as I got and came out the water in third place. The run went well but I noticed at the end I had blood all over my knee, I fell over coming out the water but I was too cold to feel anything. Anyway, I think I looked kind of cool running around with a bloody knee! I won the ladies race which we were pleased about and even got home in time to watch Doctor Who, which was amazing. Now its finished my Saturday nights will be incomplete, maybe I should get some kind of social life. Then again, I'm a swimmer, so maybe not.

Anyway back to the post title. 4km, feed, 4km, feed, 2km on Saturday. 2 and a half hours in flat water and beautiful sun shine. (My tan line is amazing!) Sounds great doesn't it. Well it would have been if it wasn't for some stinking jellyfish who thought they would ruin my swim. Got stung on the face, legs, shoulder, under the arm, chest and arm. How I don't know. The last one was my arm and the jellyfish was as big as my hand and wrapped itself around my arm leaving me with lots of marks for a while. But after all that pain the marks had disappeared by the time I got my camera at home so I couldn't put the gory pictures on here.

5800 metres (a sprint set) this morning and an open water time trial tonight. Fingers crossed the jellyfish will leave me alone.

Mums home, bag to get ready,
Thanks for reading.
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment