Saturday 1 May 2010

10 degrees too cold

2 swims done, absolutely freezing!

Got in yesterday for the first time with the water at 9 degrees centigrade. Low tide meant a long walk out which made getting in really hard (lots of whimpering), my whole body went stiff and got a banging headache but after a couple of minutes I started to enjoy myself and had a great swim up until about 20 minutes when I started getting really cold and couldn't feel my feet or keep my fingers together so I turned back and got out reasonably happy after 31 minutes swimming 2 kilometres. I think I scared a few CS & PF swimmers who were getting in at 10 as I was very cold getting out but still smiling and thawed out after a couple of hours! Cycled to the pool in the evening for a swim, sprint set so I didn't enjoy that too much but its all training and I slept well last night.

Today was a really great swim, thee was a group of us getting in at 9 so I wasn't on my own and the tide was higher which made getting in a little bit easier. Swam quicker today but got a bit of a shock when I stopped to adjust my goggles and saw my hands were turning blue but kept going as quick as I could and got out feeling a lot better. Still cold but warmed up quicker which is a great sign.

Resting for the rest of today and then swimming at CCCS early in the morning and bank holiday so no school(!!!) so meeting the group at 9 again for another sea swim. Hopefully it will be nicer weather than this weekend.

Update soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment