Wednesday 12 May 2010

It's not getting any warmer...

Well, it's been an interesting few days what with the general election and all that excitment but unfortunately my week of swimming has been comparable to Gordan Brown's week of politics, pretty dismal. Starting with Saturday because I can't remember any further back than that. Went down to Dover expecting a short swim when Charlie dropped a bombshell; my third sea swim of the year, 1 hour in 10 degree water. Got through that to my suprise and didn't feel too bad afterwards. Went to a wedding in the afternoon, (congratulations Ollie and Zoe!) and didn't get home til very late so was very tired on Sunday.

Sunday was an hour and fifteen minutes and my body didn't like that too much; felt alright (bit tired) until about 4 kilometres but the last kilometre was a real struggle. I was very very cold and a bit disorientated, swallowing a lot of water and couldn't feel my hands and feet. Luckily got into shore okay where I was helped out the water and my dad had the job of trying to warm me up. Pretty scary experience, especially when I couldn't warm up for quite a while but fine now and looking forwards to Saturday.

Had very little energy these last couple of weeks so have started using Maxim carbohydrate powder which seems to be working so should be back to normal soon and it will be more than 'sheer bloodi-mindedness' that gets me through swims!

More soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment