Saturday 21 August 2010

Half way there

First and foremost, happy birthday to my long suffering father today who is half way to 100. I've only been around for nearly sixteen years of his first half century and I should be there for all of the next; bet that makes him feel so much better!

So, 12km swim on Tuesday went well with just a bit of an ache in the shoulder. Went to Kingsdown and had an awesome swim; very rough, strong current, I loved it! Rested Thursday and a 6km swim yesterday in the harbour, not as fun but a lot easier!

This morning was an 18km swim which I'm not going to say I enjoyed but it was certainly a positive experience. I felt a lot more focused than before as I know time is only just on my side now and after the first 7km and feed I just thought, 'okay, only eleven kilometres to swim, thats alright' and carried on easily. I have this holiday developed an obsession with writing stories which provides me with entertainment in the sea. It is amazing the ideas that come into my head out in the water.

Hectic rush this afternoon, we got dad out of the house and final preparations for a surprise party tonight which I have just slipped away from. I had 35 cupcakes to ice, a trifle to finish and a fruit salad to make (I was desert-maker-in-chief) as well as getting changed. Note to self: Channel swimmer chic is not suitable for parties. All the family arrived and dad got home - he didn't have a clue which shows how often he listens when I speak because I have definitely let it slip a few times! Really nice get together with family, including baby Kasen who fell asleep on me for half an hour. I've only just got rid of the pins and needles on my arm.

Another long swim tomorrow and an exciting week ahead. Results day on Tuesday which I am not looking forwards to at all but it's all fun from there. LONDON on Wednesday with Eleanor to see Billy Elliot and be tourists which I am very very very excited about and then LONDON again on Sunday (oh yes!) for a power boat trip up the Thames and Pricilla Queen of the Desert. I deserve it, I haven't moaned once about going back to school yet. (Actually I haven't moaned once, I've moaned about one hundred times but never mind) Anyway Abby Taylor - Baptie is going back to the party.

Thank you and Goodnight
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment